M State students can earn their associate of arts degrees without the additional cost of text书 by enrolling in Z程度 designated courses.
As of fall semester 2022, M State offers over 100 Z程度 courses, also known as zero-textbook-cost courses, which use open educational resource materials rather than costly text书.
Any M State student can take Z程度 classes, and students may take as many available Z程度 classes as they wish.
- Why would I want to take a Z程度 class?
Zero-textbook-cost courses provide the same quality as regular classes, minus the cost of text书.
- Can anyone take zero-textbook-cost classes?
Anyone can take a Z程度 class, as long as they meet the prerequisites associated with the class.
- How do I register for a Z程度 class?
Z程度 classes are available for course registration like any other courses. Let your advisor know you are interested in taking a Z程度 class, and your advisor can help you get registered.
You can also see the available Z程度 courses in eServices:
- Enter your StarID and password
- Select “Student e-services”
- 选择“课程 & 登记”
- Select “搜索 for a Course”
- Make applicable campus/semester/other selections then “Expand/Collapse for Advanced 搜索”
- Locate “Textbook Cost” in expanded menu and select “No cost for text书," then hit “搜索”
- All courses on resulting page will be Z程度 courses
- Select the course title to open detailed view
- “Zero-Cost Textbook Course” is listed first in course notes
- This note is always listed with the course regardless of advanced or regular search settings (the note will also be visible on the schedule posted to the college website)
- Am I limited to the classes that are on the Z程度 list?
No. You can take some courses that are zero-textbook-cost and some courses that are not.
- How do I access materials for my Z程度?
This depends on what texts and educational resources your instructor chooses to use. Typically, materials can be viewed on the web at no cost. However, some materials may also be available in article or book form via local libraries. In some cases, materials may be downloaded to a laptop, tablet, phone or other personal device.
- Are class supplies free?
There may be additional charges for class supplies such as note书, art supplies or tools. Please refer to the tuition and fees section for each course to find information on any additional materials costs.
- How do I learn more about Z程度 courses?
Speak with your advisor today. If you aren’t sure who your advisor is, sign into SpartanNet. Your advisor will be listed on the right-hand side of the page, near the top.